Taking an In-House Course

  • Wednesday, November 3, 2010
  • Posted by Taka
  • Labels:

I took an in-house course about MBA Strategy today. I expected this course to give me the new knowledge related to this field before taking it, but there is nothing new to be useful idea for my business in the future.

Although I couldn't acquire academically, I was interested in the case study introduced to learn why Snow Brand Milk one of the largest dairy company in Japan was failed to promote Gatorade after they got the sales privilege in Japan in 1980. Even though they wanted to establish a new business independent of milk products, they didn't notice that the big opportunity to do was coming and they entrusted promoting Gatorade to the department selling powder products. Even though there must be many targets to drink sports drink because of the new category at that time, they promoted only to the university students who played sports hard. Roughly 5 years later, other sports drinks came in existence, Gatorade in Japan went far behind them quickly. In 1995 they were fighting with non sports drink products by appointing Michael Jordan for CM, even though they had to withdraw from sports drink segment. I realized intensely if they shared the vision for a certain term and the mission for the society, such a tragedy would not happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment